A 60 year old man arbitrarily arrested and his house raided then rained with teargas
24 areas under regimes brutality and Birdshot regularly used
- The regime in Bahrain continues its crackdown escalation against pro-democracy protestors. Its brutality and the use of excessive force affected more than 24 areas in Bahrain, on Monday.
- More than 10 houses have been raided by the regime forces, and households were arbitrarily arrested. Also, the use of the internationally prohibited shotgun (Birdshot) continuously used to target the upper part of protesters’ body. Birdshot along with other weapons are fired directly at the citizens in clear intention to kill not disperse. This caused many deaths, the latest was martyr Ali Hussain Neama.
- Toxic tear gas is also used on a regular basis in neighborhoods. The regime forces tend to fire directly at houses leaving households to suffer asphyxiation, in some incidents, even death.
- People took to streets, in solidarity with the arrested medics, in different areas across Bahrain including: Duraz, Nuwaidrat, Eker, Ma’ameer, Sitra, Nabih Saleh, Samaheej, Juffair, Shahrakan, DarKulaib, Malkiya, Quraya, Janusan, Qadam, Maqabah, Buri, RasRoman, Sanabis, Bilad Qadeem, Salhiya, Jid Ali.
- The peaceful protest in Duraz was heavily attacked with toxic tear gas and Birdshots by the forces, as freedom of expression and peaceful assembly usually exposes citizens to suppression.
- In Juffair the peaceful protesters demanded the immediate release of HRD Nebeel Rajab and the arrested medics.
- In Karzakan, toxic tear gas completely fogged the sky after people there too took to streets demanding democracy.
- The regime forces subjected several areas across the country to collective punishment by the excessive use of toxic gases. In Nuwaidrat, tear gas canisters were weaponized and aimed directly at protestors.
- The dismissed workers and employees held a sit-in in Bahrain Trade Union demanding they be reinstated after being subjected to revengeful suspensions for their opinions. The forces raided the place to stop the protest.
- A 60 year old man was arrested after his house was raided in Samaheej by the regime forces who attacked a peaceful pro-democracy protest in the area and chased women who participated in the protest.
- The number of houses raided in Samaheej on Monday totaled up to 10, one of which was Ali Oun’s. Ali, aged 60, tried to stop the raid but the forces stormed in, without an official warrant, vandalized the house and rained it with toxic tear gas. The women in house badly suffered from the toxic gasses. Ali Oun was then arrested by the forces before he was released again. The forces even climbed rooftops of houses in Samaheej including a rooftop of a place of worship in the area.